The latest Texas Chainsaw movie, Texas Chainsaw 3D, will be carving its way on to Blu-ray, DVD and VOD on May 14th from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. It is also debuting on Digital a little earlier, on April 30th. The Blu-ray will feature both the 3D and 2D versions of the film, with both Blu-ray and DVD releases coming complete with Digital copies. The release will also come with a ton of special features (full list below), which includes an audio commentary from Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan, and another one featuring Tobe Hooper.
Texas Chainsaw continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper's 1974 horror classic left off. In Newt, Texas, people have been going missing without a trace for decades. Years later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young girl, Heather (Daddario), discovers that she has inherited a sprawling Texas estate from an unknown grandmother. To claim her estate, Heather goes on a road trip with her friends to Newt, but learns that wealth comes at a price when she discovers the horror that waits in the cellar of her new mansion.
The Blu-ray and DVD features extensive bonus materials including audio commentaries, a look back at the history of the Texas Chainsaw series, exclusive interviews with the film's director, producer and writers plus multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes.
BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
- Audio commentary with producer Carl Mazzocone and filmmaker Tobe Hooper
- Special "Chainsaw Alumni" audio commentary with stars Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
- "Texas Chainsaw Legacy" featurette - A look back at the history and 40 year legacy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series with filmmaker Tobe Hooper
- "Resurrecting The Saw" featurette - A look at the development of Texas Chainsaw with Director John Luessenhop, Producer Carl Mazzocone and Writers Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, Kirsten Elms and Stephen Susco
- "The Old Homestead" featurette - A detailed look at the re-creation of the shooting location from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Production Designer William A. Elliott and cast members (and Chainsaw series alumni) Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
- "Casting Terror" featurette - Interviews with the cast including Alexandra Daddario, Trey Songz, Tania Reynolds, Keram Malicki-Sanchez, Kyle Eastwood, Sean Sipos and others
- "Leatherface 2013" featurette - An interview with Leatherface actor Dan Yeager on his interpretation of this legendary role, along with a look at the creation of Leatherface's costume, mask and signature chainsaw
- "Lights, Camera, Mayhem" featurette - A look at the film's 3D photography with Director of Photography Anastas Michos along with a look at the creation of several sequences from the film
- "It's in the Meat" featurette - An detailed look at the film's grisly special make-up effects with Make-Up Effects Supervisor Robert Kurtzman, and Make-Up Artists Alex Diaz and Mike McCarty
- On-Set Short Subjects: Five Minute Massacres
- Burning Down The House
- Trapped in the Van
- Carnival Time
- Leatherface In Action
- Hot Times In Louisiana
- Bloody Good Times